Ismaili Health Professionals Engagement
The Ismaili Health Professionals Network is a resource and networking platform for healthcare professionals, public health professionals, healthcare administrators, healthcare researchers, and students. This network provides webinars, access to resources, opportunities for mentorship and collaboration, and key updates to a community of over 2,100 Ismaili health professionals.
We encourage individuals within the Jamat who are currently working in or studying healthcare to register to receive information on relevant volunteer opportunities and upcoming events. For more information on the Ismaili Health Professionals Network, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- July 6, 2021
- June 9, 2021
- March 19, 2021
- February 13, 2021
- January 21, 2021
- December 10, 2020
- November 30, 2020
- November 23, 2020
- October 22, 2020
- September 11, 2020
- August 15, 2020
- August 9, 2020
- July 9, 2020
- June 16, 2020
- June 8, 2020
- May 25, 2020
- May 11, 2020
- May 6, 2020
- May 2, 2020
- April 27, 2020
- April 24, 2020
- April 17, 2020
- March 25, 2020
Last updated: December 2021
Child and Women’s Health Portfolio
Program Manager, Baby2B
The Aga Khan Health Board for Canada’s Child and Women’s Health portfolio is looking for a Program Manager, Baby2B to provide oversight and support the implementation of the Baby2B program. Full details can be found here.
The Baby2B Facilitator will support a 6-week national program. Each weekly session will be 2 hours in length with the goal of improving emotional well-being & social support for expectant parent(s). Full details can be found here.
Associate Director, Baby2B Program
The Child and Women’s Health portfolio is looking for an Associate Director for the Baby2B Program to work closely with the leadership of the portfolio to assist with operations, strategic and administrative tasks for the Baby2B program. Full details can be found here.
Associate Director, Child and Women’s Health
The Child and Women’s Health portfolio is looking for an Associate Director, Child and Women’s Health to work with the leadership of the portfolio to assist with operations, program planning and administrative tasks for the portfolio. Full details can be found here.
Administrative Coordinator (2 positions)
The Aga Khan Health Board for Canada’s Child and Women’s Health portfolio is looking for an Administrative Coordinator to support with the portfolio’s administrative duties and help execute various initiatives within the team. Full details can be found here.
Global Health Partnerships-Aga Khan Health Services
Consultant Interventional Radiologist
Interventional radiologists are board-certified, fellowship trained physicians who specialize in minimally invasive diagnostic procedures or targeted treatments. Interventional radiologists graduate from an accredited medical school, pass a licensing examination, and complete at least five years of graduate medical education (residency). In addition, interventional radiologists are usually fellowship trained for at least one year in performing minimally invasive procedures using imaging. In Tanzania the equivalent qualifications are MD, M.Med Radiology and M.Sc. in Interventional Radiology.
- To establish a state-of-the-art interventional radiology in AKH Dar and provide high standard patient care for all patients who require this service.
- To conduct pre- and post-procedure clinic for patients undergoing interventional procedures.
- To provide consultation to other divisions within the Department and other departments within the organization during the regular working and the on-call hours.
- To participate in the on-call coverage of radiology department in accordance with the rules and regulations of the Department of Radiology.
- To actively participate in the Quality Improvement program of the Department of Radiology.
- To provide close supervision of the clinical performance of the radiology residents.
- To serve in divisional, departmental, and organizational committees as appointed by the Chair, Department of Radiology and Medical Director.
- To perform other relevant duties and charges as directed by the Head and the Chair of Radiology Department.
Skills and Experience:
- Graduation from a medical school recognized by the Tanzania Commission of Universities (TCU)
- Successful completion of a structured accredited Residency Training and Subspecialty Fellowship Program in Interventional Radiology acceptable to the TCU.
- A minimum of two (2) years’ experience in a tertiary care center in Interventional Radiology after certification.
Generations - HR Strategist
Generations is a multi-generational housing community in Calgary launched during His Highness the Aga Khan’s Golden Jubilee. Phase one, comprising of affordable housing for independent seniors, and phase two, comprising residential care for seniors who require long-term care (LTC) or supported living level 4 (SL4) is currently operational with an early childhood development center (ECD). Phase three, the final phase, is envisioned to target residential units for families. Generations Calgary was developed to create opportunities for elders to thrive within a culturally responsive, multi-generational community.
Generations is seeking an HR Strategist for a 6-month project.
- Fundamental to Generation’s core differentiators, is its ability to provide culturally and spiritually responsive care through a values-based community care model rooted in volunteerism.
- The HR Strategist would develop an HR Strategy by 1) supporting a research endeavour to scan for organizational development best practice, standards and criteria being used by the AKDN and leading independent and assisted living facilities, and 2) contribute to the designing of an implementation road map for organizational development and talent acquisition & retention as part of the MGH Strategic Plan.
- Research, data gathering, and analysis.
- Familiarity with conducting an environmental or jurisdictional scans.
- Familiarity with data collection and analysis methodology, including reviewing publications, conducting focus groups, interviewing leaders inside and outside of organizations, and administering surveys.
- Present findings through a professional and compelling deliverable by contributing to a written report.
- Work closely with strategic planning teammates in an iterative manner to create and finalize a polished deliverable.
- Bachelor's degree in Organizational Leadership, Business Management, Organizational Development, Change Management, Psychology, or other relevant field.
- Experience developing innovative organizational development and evidence-based solutions focusing on creating positive and effective work environments.
- Practical understanding and experience in real world application of best practice methodologies and approaches for learning, organizational development, leadership development, coaching, diversity, work/life efficiency, and conflict management.
- Management consulting experience an asset but not required.
Ismaili Nurses Alliance Ontario
Are you passionate about your IT and Marketing Skills? Nurses Alliance Steering Committee is looking for an IT and Marketing expert to work with the team from December 2021 to November 2022 to lead Social Media Platforms and market strategy and plan for Ismaili Nurses Alliance - The Ismaili Nurses Alliance Ontario aspires for an empowered, impactful, well-connected, prosperous, and informed nursing community which is able to inspire, support, enhance and benefit the nursing profession as a whole in Ontario.
You will be responsible to:
a) Develop, monitor and upgrade INA social media Sections, and communicate any updates with INA members.
b) Work on marketing committee's long-term and short-term plans.
c) Facilitate team in arranging events through-out the year and its marketing as appropriate.
d) Assess the effectiveness of social media and marketing programs that support mission and vision of INA and monitor the impact.
e) Facilitate the team in developing strategy to engage existing members and recruit new members.
Time commitment is 3-4 hours per week and is flexible based on your availability.
If you are interested in serving as a member of the steering committee please contact email@example.com