Diversity and Inclusion
Diversity appreciates the vast range of cultures, traditions, skills, mindsets, and approaches to problem-solving within the community. Inclusion ensures that every member of the Jamat feels a sense of belonging and respect.
To better embrace and seek strength in our differences, we must engage with each other more consciously. This includes ongoing efforts to equip leadership and volunteers with the education and training to create inclusive environments that embed pluralism into every aspect of community engagement.
The resources below provide a better understanding of key concepts such as diversity, inclusion, pluralism, equity vs. quality, and bias. They make recommendations for how we can build a more inclusive environment for our community.
- 10th Annual LaFontaine-Baldwin Lecture by His Highness the Aga Khan
- 2015 Jodidi Lecture by His Highness the Aga Khan: The Cosmopolitan Ethic in a Fragmented World
- Global Center for Pluralism: How Does Pluralism Advance the Sustainable Development Agenda?
- Global Center for Pluralism: Compassion or Toleration? Two Approaches to Pluralism
- Global Center for Pluralism: Human Rights, Minority Rights, Non-Discrimination and Pluralism: A Mapping Study of Intersections for Practitioners
- Global Center for Pluralism: Constitutions: Frameworks for Pluralism?
- 360 Inclusion: Panel discussion moderated by Adrienne Clarkson
- TEDWomen: The urgency of intersectionality
- Implicit Association Test