Free Masterclass Series: Intellectual Property for Start-ups
BDC Capital’s Women in Technology Venture Fund, in partnership with Smart & Biggar LLP, invites you to the next Women in Tech (WIT) Masterclass series entitled “Intellectual Property for Start-ups”. This masterclass will help WIT leaders build and manage an effective intellectual property (IP) strategy for their company. This series is ideally suited for female founders and c-suite executives who are leading a Canadian technology start-up company.
During this free, three-week virtual series, the experts at Smart & Biggar LLP will offer practical insights and knowledge to help you gain:
- An understanding of the business value of IP and impacts for your start-up.
- An introduction to the different types of IP assets, including patents, trademarks, copyrights and trade secrets; and how they can be used to protect your innovations and create an IP portfolio.
- Strategies on how to build and leverage an IP portfolio for growth in the technology sector.
- An understanding of best practices for IP management.
- IP Checklist: tips to prepare your start-up for funding, growth and beyond.
Sessions will be held on three consecutive Wednesdays: March 17, 24, and 31, from 9am-10am PT | 10am-11pm MT |12pm-1pm ET.
For more information and to register, please visit the BDC event page