Ismaili Centre Conversations: Islamophobia - Ethics of Citizenship and Identity
Save the Dates:
How do we belong in common spaces as individuals and communities with diverse secular and religious traditions?
Amid an "irrational fear of Islam" (Islamophobia), what does pluralism entail for civil society and the state?
The events will be hosted by Dr. Amyn B. Sajoo, Scholar in Residence, International Studies, Simon Fraser University, with the following speakers:
- Dr. Ulrike al-Khamis, CEO and Director, Aga Khan Museum. Saturday, March 26, 2022, at the Ismaili Centre Vancouver.
- Dr. Anver Emon, Professor of Law and History, University of Toronto. Monday, May 16, 2022, at SFU Habour Centre.
- Dr. Mohammed Fadel, Professor of Law and Religion, University of Toronto. Saturday, June 18, 2022, at the Ismaili Centre Toronto.
- Dr. Jasmin Zin, Professor of Sociology and Muslim Studies, Wilfred Laurier University. Saturday, September 17, 2022, at the Ismaili Centre Toronto.
- Dr. Kamal Al-Solaylee, Director, UBC School of Journalism, Writing and Media. Saturday, October 22, 2022, at the Ismaili Centre Vancouver.
Special thanks to Simon Fraser University's Office of the Vice President, External Relations; School for International Studies; Centre for Comparative Muslim Studies; Dr. Catherine Dauvergne.